‘This is the Perfect Tonic if you’re suffering any of the following symptoms of pregnancy:
- High Blood Pressure
- Trouble Sleeping
The potassium in avocados is great for regulating high blood pressure and coconut water is incredible at kick starting your digestive tract if you’re struggling with constipation. Just don’t drink too much.
If you haven’t tried coconut water I’d definitely recommend as it’s packed full of electrolytes and can ease the acidity in the body as well as helping reduce dehydration. which in this heat is a must.
Cucumbers are basically 95% water which can help with hydration and cooling. Plus by keeping the skin on which is high in insoluble fibre will give you a boost if you’re feeling a bit sluggish in the digestive system helping food pass through the digestive tract quicker.
Celery has been said to aid restful sleep and in addition to being rich in fibre it also contains an abundance of vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and potassium.
The lime in this smoothie is so refreshing and adding a handful of ice is bound to keep you cool in this heat.
Mean Green Super Charge Smoothie
- Smoothie Maker, Blender
- 300 ml Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cucumber unpeeled – washed thoroughly and chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks washed
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 Large handful of washed spinach or kale
- 1 Green Apple washed and quartered
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- Add the liquid to your smoothie maker followed by the spinach / kale, celery, apple and cucumber and blend on high.
- Add your lime juice and avocado and blitz up until a smooth consistency forms.
Vitamin B6 Morning Sickness Smoothie
- Smoothie maker or blender
- 1 Sliced Banana
- 1/2 A Ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Wheatgerm
- 1 Cup Plant Based Milk
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- Add your milk and spinach to the blender or smoothie maker and blend on high until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until you have the right consistency.
- Serve immediately
Related Posts you may find beneficial
Strawberries are one of the best sources of vitamin C. Not only do they deliver a healthy dose of vitamin C but they also contain manganese, flavonoids, folate and other beneficial antioxidants.
The food of warriors – Did you know that chia means strength in the Mayan language and Aztec warriors would actually eat them for energy and endurance. Now, if there’s ever a time in our lives when we need endurance and energy it’s during pregnancy. Am I right?
During pregnancy, it’s extremely common to feel tired during the first trimester and those pesky hormones can leave you feeling exhausted and emotional. Combine that with morning sickness and an aversion to anything that resembles a vegetable and it will wreak havoc on your energy levels