If you’re looking for a smoothie bowl that’s packed full of fibre boosting goodness- then look no further. This Raspberry and Flaxseed combo is divine and will kick start even the most stubborn of digestive systems.
Flaxseed is an excellent source of fibre and is rich in both soluble and insoluble fibre and sprinkled on cereal or included in cakes, breads, smoothies, granola bars soups, salads and yogurts is incredible – plus you only need a small amount.
Just one tablespoon a day is more than enough. It really does go a long way. ⠀Just remember to drink plenty of water with them and of course if you’re suffering from any bowel issues such as diverticulitis then avoid and for specific questions regarding your diet or if you feel that you need extra assistance, please do contact your doctor or midwife to seek guidance.
Flaxseed can help with:
- Regulating Blood Sugar Levels
- Easing constipation during pregnancy
- Essential nutrients can aid brain development in your growing baby
- Contains magnesium, potassium, protein, zinc, vitamin B6, vitamin E and Omega fatty acids.
If you can find a local farm to pick your raspberries, they’re in season from June to November but keeping a bag of frozen raspberries in the freezer will mean you can whip this smoothie bowl up anytime during the year.
Raspberries offer a good supply of Vitamin C, just one serving of about 80- 100g will give you half your recommended dose of Vitamin C for the day which is incredible when you think how small they are. They’re also rich in potassium, calcium, which is crucial for bone health.
They’re an excellent addition if you need to cleanse your digestive tract. Add them to smoothies, cereals, blitz them up with yoghurt; or my absolute favourite way to eat them is dipped in chocolate.
Raspberry and Flaxseed Smoothie Bowl
- 3 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup 100ml water
- 1 cup raspberries frozen
- 3 heaped tbsp. 50ml beetroot juice
- 2 tbsp. natural yogurt or plant based
- 1 tsp. raw cacao nibs
- Boil the water in the kettle.
- Place the flaxseeds in a small pot and add in the water, cook for around 5 mins, until the water turns sticky. Then take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the raspberries and beetroot juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Next add in the flaxseeds and blend again.
- Transfer the smoothie into a bowl and top with the yogurt and cocoa nibs.
- Serve straight away.